Wefarm, the world’s largest farmer-to-farmer digital network, enables farmers to connect with one another to solve problems, share ideas and spread innovation - even without access to internet. Utilising the latest machine learning technology, Wefarm’s service works both online and over SMS to bring live improving info to farmers.
We are on a mission to become the ecosystem for the world’s 500 million small-scale farmers, building game-changing products that get them access to the info, services, data and markets that they need. We are looking for amazing, talented people to come and join us….
Overview of the Role
A fantastic opportunity to become Wefarm’s first Head of Product. We are looking for an experienced, ambitious product person to help us develop our platform and product ecosystem to impact on the lives of millions of farmers around the World.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with our teams in Africa you’ll manage all aspects of our product development and vision. You’ll need to excel at translating raw research and complex concepts into clear understandable ideas and plans. As the first dedicated product person in the company you’ll be comfortable getting your hands dirty on the end to end product process, and interacting with all departments of Wefarm - from CTO, data science and engineering to field teams in Africa. The role will also have opportunities for international travel.
You thrive on the challenges and different environments of working for a startup and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit.
Here’s What You Bring To The Table
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you’re not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or call a farmer in Uganda to find the answer
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, even if sometimes you fail.
- Passionate. You care about being part of a team, love enabling others and bringing them together around what’s possible
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively with a wide range of people spanning farmers to international business partners
Skills and Experience:
At least 8 to 10 years experience in product roles - you may be a product manager ready to take the next step or a an experienced HoP looking for an exciting new challenge
- Skilled in wireframing with best UX/UI principles and ability to define product roll-out strategy. Happy to combine strategic product leadership with getting your hands dirty
- Knowledge of AARRR metrics, particularly Activation and Retention, and the mechanics of increasing MAU on a network style platform
- Experience with network platforms, and/or SMS or chat-like services a definite bonus
- Experience of startups and the challenges and opportunities of early stage growth companies desirable
- A great manager and leader, able to step in as a senior member of the team and build our product team over time
Interested Candidates Should Apply Now!
- Product innovation
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will review and interview on an ongoing basis. Unfortunately, we will only be able to respond to short-listed candidates.